• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

failed 8.1.1 upgrade - The key is for version 7.5.x, but the product version is 8.1.1

H

henderob

I attempted to upgrade Plesk 7.5.4 to 8.1.1 using the Plesk Updater. It froze in the middle of the install. After rebooting, I can no longer connect to https://mydomain:8443; it shows:
Unable to connect. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.venganza.org:8443.

I am leasing a dedicated server through godaddy. The OS is Red Hat Fedora Core 2, running mysql 3.2.3.

When I try to manually start plesk through the command-line, it gives me:

The key is for version 7.5.x, but the product version is 8.1.1
PHP Fatal error: Unable to start psakey module in Unknown on line 0
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpsdctl start: httpd could not be started
Starting Plesk: [FAILED]

At this point, I don't care if I complete the upgrade to 8.1.1 or restore 7.5.4. I don't have a new key - I was told by godaddy support to complete the upgrade, and then contact them for the key. But, how can I do that? (or, alternatively, how can I resolve the key issue from the command-line?)

Based on what I've read on the forums and the web, it looks like my installation hung up part way through. I've tried running the autoinstaller through the command line. When choosing upgrade to 8.1.1, it hangs with a similar error message:

The key is for version 7.5.x, but the product version is 8.1.1
PHP Fatal error: Unable to start psakey module in Unknown on line 0
ERROR: Process exit with error
ERROR: Installation failed

When I try to "upgrade" to 7.5.4, using the autoinstaller, it hangs at "reading system installed packages" for a long time, and then errors with:

Resolve components
ERROR: Can't install product package psa-api-rpc
Errors just before:
- Trying to find direct hardwired dependencies for package psa-agent-1.3.5-75060321.20.noarch
- Check for need upgrade of psa-api-rpc-7.5.4-fc2.build75050930.11.noarch with upgrade of psa-agent-1.3.5-75050930.11.noarch wich needs to install psa-agent-1.3.5-75060321.20.noarch
- Append necessary package in selectBestResolvers psa-api-rpc-8.1.1-fc2.build81070404.14.noarch

I also tried to restore the old configuration using the mysql.preupgrade.dump , and also the mysql.daily.dump.0 (neither of which showed any apparent difference).

So .. I'm stuck. I either want to complete the installation to 8.1.1, or roll back to 7.5.4. Any help for either direction is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-bobby

Send in a support request to godaddy to install the 8.1.1 Key for you then rerun the installer, hopefully that will correct your problem.

Downgrading back to 7.5.4 is a whole slew of other problems.

Thanks siren. Godaddy did install the 8.1.1 key. Plesk now starts from the command line, however, the web-interface errors with:

Configuration variable not found: OPENSSL_BIN

I then tried to re-install plesk 8.1.1, using the command-line autoinstaller.

It errors with:

Start packages installation
Install package psa-autoinstaller-3.1.2-build31070321.18.i586
file /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller from install of psa-autoinstaller-3.1.2-build31070321.18 conflicts with file from package psa-7.5.4-fc2.build75050824.12
ERROR: Error while execute command rpm -U /root/swsoft/PSA_8.1.1/dist-rpm-FedoraCore-2-i386/opt/updater/psa-autoinstaller-3.1.2-build31070321.18.i586.rpm
Errors just before:
- Error while execute command rpm -U /root/swsoft/PSA_8.1.1/dist-rpm-FedoraCore-2-i386/opt/updater/psa-autoinstaller-3.1.2-build31070321.18.i586.rpm

So, I'm stuck again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
-bobby

I gave up and reprovisioned the server with newer versions of php/mysql/plesk - things are working fine now.
-bobby

Back