• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

failed dependancies

S

sksl

Following the installation instructions, I have installed all the dependancies on my FC4 box, but get failed dependancy errors when trying to auto-install or install the ./base rpms manually. In the instructions it said that packages should be installed at the same version or higher, of which mine are higher versions.

Eg:
libcrypto.so.4 is needed by courier-imap-3.0.8-fc2.build75050506.13.i586
And I have libcrypto.so.0.9.7f

I definately have the required packages on the system (albeit newer than required). Is it then safe to install the Plesk rpms ignoring dependancies?
A customer is waiting for this and I would very much appreciate a quick answer.
Thanks!!!!

You can get very far doing --nodeps on the rpms but if you dont downgrade certain ones (like php) your going to be screwed.

I got it all installed with nodep but gave up after apache wont start due to its looking fpr php4.so and I am running php5, no point going back to php4 for this box so Ill stand my ground, the latest stuff is better then the old ****, keep up with the times.

Fedora Core 4 (fc4) has been out for nearly 4 months now, looks like I will be panel-less for some time now, unless SW-Soft is magically working on this.

The phrase "don't count your chickens" spring to mind? We are probably ditching plesk in favour of another for this particular customer, as they need the recent OS....

wake up and smell the coffee...

Back