• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Failed domain creation (mail, domain servie, failed log in)

H

hackhawk

Hello,

I'm brand new to Plesk, and really haven't got much of a clue. I would appreciate any advice on the following error that I'm receiving when attempting to add a new domain.

I get a pop-up window containing the following text.

-------------------------
Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain servie: mailManager->addDomain() failed: mailmng failed: Run-Time error: Can't get domain default settings.

Domain: mydomain.com [mydomain.com]
Reason:
Failed to log in..
------------------------

Any insights?

Plesk need the Mail Service. Please install and run any Mail Service from Plesk

Originally posted by Pavluha
Plesk need the Mail Service. Please install and run any Mail Service from Plesk

Under Server->Services_Management, I have SmarterMail Service ,and the SmarterMail Web Server running.

So, is this SmarterMail Service incompatibe with creating Plesk domains somehow? It (SmarterMail) was purchased from Plesk as far as I know.

You should configure Plesk with SmarterMail's admin password at Server>Components Management>Mail Server>Smarter Mail

Originally posted by Gris
You should configure Plesk with SmarterMail's admin password at Server>Components Management>Mail Server>Smarter Mail

Thanks. That fixed the problem.

Username/password?

Hi.

I have the same problem. Where can I find Smarter Mail server username/pssword? Plesk wont accept the default entered in server/somponents management/smartermail - that is Admin / 9998 / ****

Thanx.

Bjørn-T

Back