1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Failed domain creation (mail, domain servie, failed log in)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by hackhawk, Nov 14, 2005.

1. hackhawk

hackhawk Guest

Hello,

I'm brand new to Plesk, and really haven't got much of a clue. I would appreciate any advice on the following error that I'm receiving when attempting to add a new domain.

I get a pop-up window containing the following text.

-------------------------
    Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain servie: mailManager->addDomain() failed: mailmng failed: Run-Time error: Can't get domain default settings.

Domain: mydomain.com [mydomain.com]
    Reason:
    Failed to log in..
    ------------------------

Any insights?

2. Pavluha

Pavluha Guest

Plesk need the Mail Service. Please install and run any Mail Service from Plesk

3. hackhawk

hackhawk Guest

Under Server->Services_Management, I have SmarterMail Service ,and the SmarterMail Web Server running.

So, is this SmarterMail Service incompatibe with creating Plesk domains somehow? It (SmarterMail) was purchased from Plesk as far as I know.

4. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

You should configure Plesk with SmarterMail's admin password at Server>Components Management>Mail Server>Smarter Mail

5. hackhawk

hackhawk Guest

Thanks. That fixed the problem.

6. nettproffen

nettproffen Guest

Username/password?

Hi.

I have the same problem. Where can I find Smarter Mail server username/pssword? Plesk wont accept the default entered in server/somponents management/smartermail - that is Admin / 9998 / ****

Thanx.

Bjørn-T