• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404

Jeroen Vermeulen

New Pleskian
Hi!,

I have an issue that I've spent hours on to fix, but I can't get it working.

I have a VPS with 50 working websites, combination of Joomla and Wordpress.

When I create a new domain or subdomain with CMS, the CMS will not work correctly, with the error:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404

This means the website can not access CSS files and images.
With this result I see a 'broken' website.
.htaccess is original and working, chmod changes wont work.
I re-installede Joomla and Wordpress multiple times, multiple new domains, same result.

This happens on a new domain and on a subdomain.

Who can help me? I need help! Thank you very much!

I found these errors:

• RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `Plesk' does NOT match server name!? Apache error
  • mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.nl/subdomain.mywebsite.nl/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471 Apache error
  • Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.nl/subdomain.mywebsite.nl/templates/protostar/css/ Apache error
  • client denied by server configuration: /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.nl/subdomain.mywebsite.nl/templates/protostar/.htaccess Apache error
  • File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.nl/subdomain.mywebsite.nl/templates/protostar/css/favicon.ico Apache error

Back