• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404

Jeroen Vermeulen

New Pleskian
Hi!,

I have an issue that I've spent hours on to fix, but I can't get it working.

I have a VPS with 50 working websites, combination of Joomla and Wordpress.

When I create a new domain or subdomain with CMS, the CMS will not work correctly, with the error:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404

This means the website can not access CSS files and images.
With this result I see a 'broken' website.
.htaccess is original and working, chmod changes wont work.
I re-installede Joomla and Wordpress multiple times, multiple new domains, same result.

This happens on a new domain and on a subdomain.

Who can help me? I need help! Thank you very much!

I found these errors:

• RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `Plesk' does NOT match server name!? Apache error
  • mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.nl/subdomain.mywebsite.nl/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471 Apache error
  • Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.nl/subdomain.mywebsite.nl/templates/protostar/css/ Apache error
  • client denied by server configuration: /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.nl/subdomain.mywebsite.nl/templates/protostar/.htaccess Apache error
  • File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.nl/subdomain.mywebsite.nl/templates/protostar/css/favicon.ico Apache error

Back