• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Failed to update Plesk.

JeffD_UK

New Pleskian
My auto update of Plesk is failing on a daily basis and I am not sure what to do :-(

I have the log file from today but seriously have not much of an idea where to begin to rectify this. Woudl anyone be able to point me how to get started in resolving this?

many thanks

jeff

Attachments

• 202a0d2a-2701-cef4-fa14-45f9a88befaf.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 8
Looks like something wrong with linux-headers package. Try to remove it and start Plesk installation again.

This package is a part of OS but not Plesk. Use OS package manager for removing packages - apt-get, dpkg, etc.

I have the same problem - trying to update to Update #17 from Update #14.
Can anyone point me to the right direction on how to fix this?

Attachments

• autoinstaller3.log.txt
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
My auto update of Plesk is failing on a daily basis and I am not sure what to do :-(

I have the log file from today but seriously have not much of an idea where to begin to rectify this. Woudl anyone be able to point me how to get started in resolving this?

many thanks

jeff

@JeffD_UK,

Normally, you should not have this kind of error with respect to the "headers" issue, as correctly identified by IgorG.

It simply is a package that is not updated yet.

In order to simulate an upgrade (i.e. to check which packages should be updated), just run: apt-get -s upgrade

If the packages can be upgraded, just run "apt-get upgrade" and use the Plesk autoinstaller afterwards, to upgrade Plesk and/or install micro-updates.

Hope the above helps!

Regards....

PS If the issue returns, than you should report back again: the issue with packages should not occur normally.

I have the same problem - trying to update to Update #17 from Update #14.
Can anyone point me to the right direction on how to fix this?

First try to install the plesk-wp-cli package with yum: this will probably result in dependency conflicts, that can be fairly easily resolved with yum.

Afterwards, you can use the plesk autoinstaller to update Plesk and/or install the micro-updates, all of them (micro-update 15 to 17).

Hope the above helps.

Regards....

Hello trialotto,

thx for your response! 'yum install plesk-wp-cli' didn't return any errors, however, trying to issue the update in plesk after that still didn't work.

@rookey,

This implies that nothing is wrong with your repositories, but something goes wrong in the installation process with the plesk autoinstaller.

Can you check whether another process is still running: ps aux | grep autoinstaller (or something similar, in order to identify).

If some installation process is still running, just kill it and retry the autoinstaller.

Can you report some logs and results?

Regards...

hmmm... I did that, but no task containing 'install' is runing .... :cool:
Which logfiles would be of help to identify the reason?

oh, that was the one I posted in my 1st post already! Anyhow no problem, here it comes again, fresh from the kitchen :D

Attachments

• autoinstaller3.log.txt
    32.8 KB · Views: 1
rookey,

try to run the command: yum clean all (and retry the autoinstaller, this resolves at least one issues that follows from your log file)

can you report back, again with the new results from the autoinstaller log file?

@rookey,

Did you notice the difference between some of the log files provided?

In an earlier version, there was the log text

base: mirror.netcologne.de
* extras: ftp.hosteurope.de
* updates: ftp.plusline.de

and in the latest version, this was replaced by

* base: mirror.23media.de
* extras: centos.mirrors.psw.services
* updates: ftp.hosteurope.de

In short, you are using HostEurope servers and some issues exists with the repositories, maintained by HostEurope.

You can try to uncomment the HostEurope repo´s, as included in the /etc/yum.conf file and/or in one of the files in the /etc/yum.repos.d/ directory.

Do NOT remove the repo´s, just uncomment them temporarily.

Oh, that sounds interesting. Taking a closer look at yum.conf, there are no mirrors listed in there.
In yum.repos.d/autoinstaller-sources.repo, for instance, I only see references to
baseurl=http://autoinstall.plesk.com/.... , but all of them with the option enabled=0 ?
In some other of the .repo files, there are references to
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=....

That seems to be fine.

However, in all of your logs there is this mentioning of "warning: failed to attach to cgroup ... ".

Are you running a VPS at HostEurope? Or be more specific: what type of server do you have? And, do you have installed something particular, like containers of some kind?

Let me know......

Regards

PS I think that you should contact the support department of your hosting provider, since it seems to be the case that either an issue with repositories (from the provider) or an issue with the container/VPS (as provided by the hosting provider) exists. If that actually is the case, then only your hosting provider can resolve the issue.

In Plesk settings, it is configured to retrieve updates from the "Official Plesk Updates server".

Interestingly, in the directory where Plesk stores all the upgrade files, /root/parallels, many files and directories are tagged with a timestamp just a few minutes ago (although I've triggered the last manual upgrade 2 days ago), so some automated upgrade procedures indeed seem to work.
In /root/parallels/PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/, all Microupdate directories are there up to MU14.

I'm running 'my own' server, rented from a company. Server maintenance is pretty much my own job, they are (understandingly) not very helpful if it comes to configuration issues. :-/

@rookey

I think you have a serious problem, since the only relevant issue remaining is the set of error notifications containing "Warning: Failed to attach to cgroup ...".

Run the command: cat /proc/cgroups

Check for the presence of cgroup types systemd, cpu and cpuacct (see the first column of the output).

If any of those cgroup types is not present, than you have an issue that only your hosting provider (!!!) should be solving.

Regards.....

Back