• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Failed to update the ModSecurity rule set

josie333

Basic Pleskian
This is the error i received when logging into Plesk today...

Error: Failed to update the ModSecurity rule set: modsecurity_ctl failed: gpg: key 4520AFA9: "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: unchanged: 1
gpg: Signature made Thu May 18 16:38:55 2017 BST using RSA key ID 4520AFA9
gpg: Good signature from "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>"
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 1818 66DF 9DAC A40E 5B42 9B08 FFBD 5D0A 4520 AFA9
TERM environment variable not set.
aum failed with exitcode 127.
stdout:
stderr: /var/asl/bin/aum: error while loading shared libraries: libphp-runtime_s-3.3a.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Unable to download tortix rule set

Please advise

I omitted these details
OS ‪CentOS 6.9 (Final)‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #6, last updated on May 18, 2017 03:16 PM

Last edited:
We're seeing the same error on existing Plesk installs and a new install last night when trying to enable WAF. Only difference is CentOS 7.3.1611.

It seems to be a general issue with the modsecurity servers. We are seeing it on all of our machines, different Plesk versions. It will probably auto-fix during the next maintenance window.

This issue seems to have been resolved, at least for us.

Existing Plesk installs stopped complaining when I checked this morning. The most recent Plesk implementation that we launched during the occurrence of this issue did require a reinstall of the ModSecurity component. I did not try the solution posted by IgorG as I did not see the reply until after I had already reinstalled ModSecurity.

bash: /usr/bin/cp: No such file or directory
# which cp
/bin/cp

:)

It is for CentOS7 only! Read my previous post carefully.

# plesk version
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #7
Update date: 2017/05/25 05:27
Build date: 2017/03/17 16:00
OS version: CentOS 7.2.1511

# whereis cp
cp:
/usr/bin/cp /usr/share/man/man1/cp.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1p/cp.1p.gz

Plesk still complaining in control panel

Centos 6.9

I don't know if this is related, but SSH & sFTP connections are VERY slow to connect

Please advise

Tried everything that everyone else had said to try, and none of it worked... even removing it completely (including package using rpm) and reinstalling it.

Below are the steps I tried:
1. cp /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY.atomicorp.txt `pwd`/aum-plesk-installer.asc
2. gpg --homedir /var/lib/plesk/modsec/.gnupg aum-plesk-installer.asc
3. plesk sbin modsecurity_ctl -i -R tortix

I may have done this before step 3: "cp aum-plesk-installer.asc /tmp" but unsure as it was pretty late and I was tired. So unsure if I did this before step 3.
aum configure
aum upgrade

It appeared to have installed properly and then started in Plesk when turning it on, but when checking logs there were no entries. Checked status from shell and it was disabled. I was unable to enable it.

Just tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and now it appears to be working again. So whether the use of the gpg command worked...

I had the same issue. Didn't take any action. Problem fixed itself.

I believe there was an issue with Atomic Servers NOT the Plesk

Back