• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

failed upgrade renders server useless

R

robtbs

wot a load of rubbish...
tried upgrading to plesk 7.5.3 from 7.0.3

It got almost to the end of the migration and i started seeing masses of SQL errors...

it finished.. its uninstalled my Mailenable Pro (WP)

and its totally killed everything.
Every time i visit the CP i get this...

Unable to query: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' 0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:162 psaerror(string "Unable to query: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='") 1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Session.php:313 db_query(string "select * from sessions where sess_id="b33762ec423e7794bcc933f11bdcbdf0" and click_time >= NOW() - INTERVAL 1800 SECOND") 2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Session.php:269 session->isexpired() 3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3:109 session->init()

God knows how long this is going to take to repair.
I suggest Not going near Plesk 7.5 if your wanting to upgrade

Plesk 7.5.3 has no additional language packs. So you are getting this error - you had Swedish langpack, sure.
What about upgrading - patch upgrades 7.5 version up to 7.5.3, so you had to upgrade 7.0.3 up to 7.5 and only after that - to 7.5.3. In 'readme' file they say, that you have to make a full backup, so, you can restore your Plesk from it. Or there were no backup?

collations on the MYSQL server were set to swedish, iv never touched them.

i done a fresh install of plesk and restored the data...
but i have another problem now...

The domains themselves work correctly... but BIND is not responding i dont know exactly why and theres no logs to tell me why :( so nothing from the local zones work.

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=tbswebdesign.com

And one more thing. It seems to me that your databases were not upgraded. Try to upgrade `em manually - this could help.

Back