• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"failure notice" spam after upgrade to 9.0.0

Missing Headers

I updated to Plesk 9 and now my clients are all complaining about recieving emails without to and from headers the subject also appears to be missing. It happens even if I switch Spamassasin off for the address.

Does anyonone know what is going on here, and how to fix it.

By the way I would also be interested to get a resolution to the from mydomain to mydomain SPAM plague.

I updated to Plesk 9 and now my clients are all complaining about recieving emails without to and from headers the subject also appears to be missing. It happens even if I switch Spamassasin off for the address.

Does anyonone know what is going on here, and how to fix it.

By the way I would also be interested to get a resolution to the from mydomain to mydomain SPAM plague.

Check this thread - there is a KB solution for broken headers. Update resolved SPAM issue and I am a happy camper now.

If you want to totally eliminate backscatter and **** email bounce messages edit the following (this fix is for postfix as that is what I use)

/etc/postfix/main.cf

find:

smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/blacklists

change to:

smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/blacklists, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unauthenticated_sender_login_mismatch, reject_unknown_sender_domain

find (watch this one - any time you change mail server setting it gets reset!) :

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination

change to:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_unlisted_recipient, reject_unverified_recipient

find:

mydestination = localhost.$mydomain, localhost, localhost.localdomain

change to:

mydestination = $myhostname localhost.$mydomain $mydomain

in "# REJECTING MAIL FOR UNKNOWN LOCAL USERS" add this:

local_recipient_maps = $virtual_mailbox_maps

Your problems are solved.

Back