• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

False "maximum number of failed login attempts" notification

N

NetEasy

Hello,

We are running 10.0.1, but this problem has been ongoing since we moved to 10.0. Usually, for the first admin login of the day nothing out of the ordinary occurs.
However, if a second person logs on as the admin account, we immediately receive this notification email:

---
Subject: Access from the IP:(our office IP) for the "admin" account has been temporary blocked

Message: The maximum number of failed login attempts exceeded for "admin", and, as a result, the account was blocked on 30 minutes.
---

The login attempt does not actually fail. We can log in as admin all day long and the account is not blocked either. Also, as many times as we login as admin, it sends this message. Also, these logins are all occurring from our office and are therefore originating from the same IP address.

Just now, we tested it by logging out everyone in our office and logging back in as admin, and we still received this message.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Since the upgrade to 10.4.4. i have the same problem.

Can anybody tell how to stop these emails.

Try to clean admin_login_attempts table:

shell#> /usr/share/plesk-billing/billing-db
mysql#> delete from admin_login_attempts;

Same problem after update to 11.09

After updated to 11.09 (bad idea) every time I enter plesk I recieve an email qith this text
maximum number of failed login attempts exceeded

Is there any place where control this number and the time to reset it?

Sometimes Plesk is a headache, a big headache

Thanks

Misterious letters

Thanks, but you must know that there are a lot of plesk users who don't speak english as mother language, then letters like CBM are a great misterious. Which is the meaning of CBM? If I see the whole word I can know the equivalent one in my language and therefore the option in the panel.
In computer's world this kind of "help" is the special mark for Microsoft, ;)
Thank you,

Got this error for the first time today

Plesk 10.4.4 Windows 2008 R2 64bit

I tried to login for the first time in 7 days, and got a notice saying that Username and Password was incorrect (on screen)

Then an email was received saying:
Access from the IP:---.---.---.--- for the "admin" account has been temporary blocked
The maximum number of failed login attempts exceeded for "admin", and, as a result, the account was blocked on 30 minutes

I have never encountered this problem before, even when getting a login incorrect once. I don't even believe that the login I used was incorrect.

Last edited:
For quick fix - run '/usr/share/plesk-billing/billing-db' and execute the following SQL query:

update admin_login_attempts set attempt_number = 0;

And try to log in one more time.

Back