• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue False Quota Warning sent to customer

Tech Support

New Pleskian
Hi

My customer gets this email:

The 'xxxx.com' subscription, owned by user 'Fred Flintsone', is approaching or already exceeded the resource usage limits:

Disk space: 9 GB Limit / 1043.8 MB (11%) Used / 8172.2 MB (89%) Remaining

Here is what my server says:

Disk space: 11%

1048.8 MB used of 9 GB
Traffic: 5%

575.5 MB/month used of 12 GB/month

Why is the customer getting warned about anything?

Thanks for looking.

Check the Service Plan of the subscription and have a look at the value you entered at "Notify when disk space usage reaches" (in the Resources) tab. What value do you have there?

Well For this "Plan" there is 1GB and the notify me is 990MB (just set) However we have disk space addons. How is that extra space taken into consideration?

That's why you get the warning.
If you have disk space add-ons, set the notification to percentage instead of an absolute number, as the notifications will be sent once the absolute number is reached.

So if you have a subscription with a 1GB disk limit and disk space add-ons of another 1GB then set the notification usage for example to 80% to get a notification when the disk usage reaches 1.6GB

See also: Resources

Back