• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fatal Error: Unable to open key (Plesk Control Panel)

T

thodie

Hi,

After a server crash i decided to install Plesk for Windows 7.5.6.
Before the crash i had Plesk for Windows 7.5.5 installed.
All went fine and i could restore my clients and domains and the key from the backup file made by Plesk 7.5.5.

But when i now try to open the Plesk Control Panel (https://localhost:8443/login.php3) only the Plesk Header appears. And under the header it writes the following error:

Fatal error: Unable to open key (SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\PSA Key): (5) Access is denied. in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3 on line 2398

So it's not possible to log in to the Plesk Control Panel.

What can i make to solve this problem?

Thanks for every input.

My Environment:

Clean installed Windows Server 2003 Standard with IIS Ver.6, Plesk for Windows 7.5.6, which installed without any errors.

I was so happy with Plesk until now. Please help me.

Best Regards,

Thorsten Dietschmann

You shoul use Plesk Reconfigurator -> Repair Plesk Installation -> Plesk services to solve this issue.

Thanks for your input.

I have tried it with the Plesk Reconfigurator -> Repair Plesk Installation -> Plesk services. No way. The same key problem was still there.

In the meantime i have reinstalled the whole server once again. After that i have installed Plesk Version 7.5.5 and then i made the restore from the plesk 7.5.5 file i had. Now all is running fine.

I will try to make the update to version 7.5.6 with the update-patch.

Greetings from switzerland and a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006.

ThoDie

I glad that your issue has been solved. :)
All the best in a New Year

Back