• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FC6 and Plesk 8.11

Silver Pleskian
Hi,

I just put together my server and got it all running with FC6

I then installed Plesk 8.11

Apart from having to pull off php as mine was too new, I got it on.

However I did not notice, but my firestarter firewall is dead.

If I click it in the menu I get this:

A proper configuration for Firestarter was not found. If you are running Firestarter from the directory you built it in, run 'make install-data-local' to install a configuration, or simply 'make install' to install the whole program.

Firestarter will now close.

Tried yum remove firestarter and reinstall the same. Even deleted every /firestarter instance I could find, still the same.

Is this normal, does plesk wipe out firestarter (I am using firewall in plesk)

Thanks!

Hi there...

So I just setup my VMware Server with a virtual machine running FC6 and I am having problems with the firewall as well. When I boot the OS and watch the services start up I get the following:

Firewall: psa firewall disabled

But when I access Plesk via control panel it shows that its running.

This program you call firestarter, is it no the base firewall installed with? I am guessing not, I just googled it. Why are you installing a firewall when Plesk comes with it?

Do you get any other erros when startup services load? I get VPN disabled and HTTP error [7]

Thanks

Ok so I will answer my own questions:

1) psa-firewall, needs to be activated by the Plesk CP. Go into modules then firewall and edit configuration and activate then a script will need to be run.

Here are the ports required to be open for Plesk:
Plesk Forum Link: http://kb.swsoft.com/article_16_391_en.html

2) VPN must be activated via Plesk CP

3) HTTP Error [7], can be found at this link:
Plesk Forum Link: http://kb.swsoft.com/article_122_1658_en.html

This error comes up because Dr.Web starts before the Plesk software does. I have checked and confirmed that it works, just boots before the Plesk CP.

If you have firestarter on your system, you didn't do a minimal OS install. Just do a minimal OS install, let the Plesk installer add the rest and enjoy your server.

Back