• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FCGI Problem while setting up two versions of PHP

MohsinR

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am developing a crawler which require PCRE v7+ in PHP. The Plesk version of PHP has PCRE version 6.6 which is not enough. So, I decided to install a second version of PHP. I used this guide (http://kb.parallels.com/114753) as the source and tried to install PHP 5.4.7. Everything looks good in configuration (wrapper, vhost, permissions) But I am getting 500 Internal server Error on my domain. Server error log says

[Thu Oct 11 15:04:29 2012] [warn] [client 74.208.205.191] (104)Connection reset by peer:
mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Thu Oct 11 15:04:29 2012] [error] [client 74.208.205.191] Premature end of script headers: index.php

My FCGI Wrapper and vhost.conf are exactly same as in the guide (linked above) offcourse with the change of "domain.com". :)

p.s: I used the same folder name i.e "php540" and I had to install several packages using yum like libjpeg-devel, libcurl-devel, libpng-devel ...

The big questions is how it can be fixed? Anyone able to get two version running parallel in parallel plesk?

Back