• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 Easy Install Script for Multiple PHP CentOS 6.4 x64

Im considering rolling this under a single installer that would put all versions on the system (5.2/5.3/5.4/5/5), with support packages (mcrypt, mhash, pdo, etc) at same time. I'd be a big install, so I could use some feedback on what people are really looking for.

I think "yum install phpABC-additional" would be wonderful enough. That way you pick what you want and are not installing things you don't really need (e.g. 5.5).

Given that you are including 5.3, is this going to be Nucleus-only or what?

Very nice stuff, was a pain to do this manually. Besides that atomicturtle won't provide a php 5.2, this is really great. We also need 5.2.x as we have some pretty old web app's that don't work with newer php versions and customers won't or can't update those since they are critical to their service. Will try the script and the atomic packages on some other server.

php54 and php55 for everything should be going up to atomic today. We pushed the php 5.4.20 (DSO, regular/normal module) this morning.

And we are looking into doing a 5.2 package. We're a security company first, so it would be irresponsible for us to release known vulnerable software. We need to go through all the 5.2 vulnerabilities (the list is pretty big) first, to see how much work the fixes will take.

@atomicturtle
I use atomic repo (on centOS 6.4) and have upgraded(overwritten default php5.3) to php5.4 and compiled a second php5.3 (vBulletin4 needs php5.3) with this tutorial.

Its possible with atomic to install additional php5.5 for plesk11.5 as third php version? How? :)

The atomic-php54 and atomic-php55 packages are now available in the atomic repo. The structure is exactly like the regular php packages, with sub modules for other components, like mcrypt, mysqlnd, snmp, etc.

In order to add the atomic repo:

1) wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh

2) List all the atomic-php packages:
yum list |grep atomic-php

3) To install: yum install <packagename>

4) To add to plesk:

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname <NN> -path <path to php cgi> -phpini <path to php.ini> -type <php handler> -id <NN-custom>
-displayname <NN> is the PHP version name that will be shown in the Panel UI. We recommend that you include the version number in the displayname, for example, you can name the version "5.3.3-custom".

-path <path to php cgi>i is the location of the PHP CGI binary file. You can find this in the output of the command make install in the line Installing PHP CGI binary. For example, if you see the line Installing PHP CGI binary: /usr/local/bin/, the location you need to specify is /usr/local/bin/php-cgi. Learn more at http://php.net/manual/en/install.unix.commandline.php.

-phpini <path to php.ini> is the location of the php.ini file, for example, /some/path/php.ini .

-type <php handler> is the type of the PHP handler associated with this version. Learn more about PHP handlers in the section PHP Handlers.

(Optional) -id <NN-custom> is the identifier that you will use for referring to this PHP version when adjusting or removing it.

Cool. I'm new with this things... What happen if i call this line?

yum install atomic-php55-php.x86_64

Overwritting this my system PHP5.4 or my custom PHP5.3 or is PHP5.5 my third PHP version on centOS6.4?

Had a look at the 5.4 and 5.5 Packages which now appear for CentOS 5.x. PHP 5.4 installs without any problems, PHP 5.5 has no mysql package and installing php55-gd calls in a missing dependency:

atomic-php55-php-gd-5.5.4-3.el5.x86_64 from atomic has depsolving problems
--> Missing Dependency: libvpx.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package atomic-php55-php-gd-5.5.4-3.el5.x86_64 (atomic)

I just wanted to thank all you guys and specially to the atomic guys for the packages... i had a website that was down for weeks due to the upgraded php in plesk and phpmotion being incompatible with anything above 5.3.... its back online! thanks again

Lorenzo

Thanks once again Atomicorp! After trying to compile PHP ourselves these rpms are really a blessing.

We are now using PHP 5.4 as default with 5.3.27 (compiled our own) and 5.5.4 (Atomic) as additional versions. Is there any idea of an ETA for PHP 5.3 and 5.2 provided by Atomic?

PHP 5.3 is available from the Nucleus repo now. Work on php 5.2 is in progress, it will be released once we've fixed all the vulnerabilities in it

The following script I made will automate these tasks:

- Install needed dependencies
- Download and extract sources
- Configure and make sources
- Install and register new PHP
- You will then be able to find the new PHP version in Plesk -> Domain -> Websites & Domains -> Web Hosting Access -> PHP -> FastCGI
Stephan, based on your script and instructions on http://www.stone-is.com/en/blog/hos...-php-versions-for-plesk-115-centos-64-x64/29/ we tried to compile PHP 5.2:
Code:
wget http://museum.php.net/php5/php-5.2.17.tar.gz -O /usr/local/src/php-5.2.17.tar.gz
tar xzvf /usr/local/src/php-5.2.17.tar.gz -C /usr/local/src/
cd /usr/local/src/php-5.2.17/
./configure --with-libdir=lib64 --cache-file=./config.cache --prefix=/usr/local/php-5.2.17 --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php-5.2.17/etc --disable-debug --disable-rpath --with-bz2 --with-curl --with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/php-5.2.17 --with-png-dir=/usr/local/php-5.2.17 --without-gdbm --with-gettext --with-gmp --with-iconv --with-openssl --with-pcre-regex --with-zlib --enable-exif --enable-ftp --enable-sockets --enable-wddx --with-kerberos --with-unixODBC=/usr --enable-shmop --enable-calendar --with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/php-5.2.17 --with-imap --with-imap-ssl --enable-mbstring --enable-mbregex --with-gd --with-xmlrpc --with-ldap --with-ldap-sasl --with-mysql=/usr --with-mysqli --enable-soap --with-xsl --enable-xmlreader --enable-xmlwriter --enable-pdo --with-pdo-mysql --with-pdo-sqlite --enable-pcntl --with-readline --with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php-5.2.17/php.d --enable-fastcgi
make -j $(grep processor /proc/cpuinfo | wc -l)
make install
cp /usr/local/src/php-5.2.17/php.ini-recommended /usr/local/php-5.2.17/etc/php.ini
/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname "5.2.17" -path /usr/local/php-5.2.17/bin/php-cgi -phpini /usr/local/php-5.2.17/etc/php.ini -type fastcgi -id "fastcgi-5.2.17"
However we got an error when using this handler:
Code:
[warn] [client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[error] [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] Premature end of script headers: info.php

Reason should be that PHP isn't using FastCGI although we use the "--enable-fastcgi" parameter:
Code:
# /usr/local/php-5.2.17/bin/php-cgi -v
PHP 5.2.17 (cgi) (built: Oct 29 2013 10:28:15)

What are we doing wrong? (setting handler to "cgi" instead of "fastcgi" works but is unwanted)

Can you give some more info?

Code:
cat /etc/issue
cat /usr/local/psa/version
/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --list

Can you look in the compilation logs if there were any warnings?
Perhaps some libraries got updated and are now giving a bad PHP instance.

Back