• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Few problems (error_log, subdomain, File Manager, alias domain)

MislavO

Regular Pleskian
[SOLVED] Few problems (error_log, subdomain, File Manager, alias domain)

Note: All this problems below are noticed after updating Plesk 10.4.4 to Plesk 11.0.9

Problems:

1) error_log - When i'm trying to check error log document, on every domain i get blank page page. Picture:
http://i50.tinypic.com/1gn9du.png

BUT, when i click on the right side to download file, everything works just fine and i can see whole log.

This message appear every time when i click on error_log:
2012-08-05 08:18:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.2746) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function gzopen() in /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/logs/log_file_viewer.php on line 59

2) subdomain - After long discussion with client, i noticed that he's right after logging into his panel with his user credentials. I couldn't noticed this with admin account.
Problem:
admin side - when i create subdomain through plesk everything goes just fine (newly created subdomain is also visible when i login with shell) and when i delete subdomain, subdomain is deleted within plesk and it's no longer visible in shell.
client (user) side - when he create subdomain i can see subdomain in plesk and in shell (File Manager), but when he delete subdomain, it only gets deleted in Plesk, but not in httpdocs (subdomain is still visible in File Manager/shell).

So like i said, i didn't believed in first place, so i suspect that is something wrong and i logged in with his user credentials and really, that's how it is.

3) File Manager - This one was noticed after problem two when we tried to delete that subdomain that left in File Manager (shell). Of course i can delete folder in shell with no errors, but client (user) can't and when you try to delete that subdomain with File Manager this error message occur:
Error: Unable to remove file ///var/www/vhosts/domainname.com//test.domain.com: filemng: Error occurred during /bin/rm command.

Maybe that's because Plesk himself remove that domain, but it left in files, so he don't know what to do? I'm not sure, but i think that is (i suspect that is the cause because i can remove normal file/directory).

4) Alias domain - User himself can't create alias domain in Plesk 11? I know he could in Plesk 10.4.4.

Note: If needed, access to server can be granted to developers to check this problems.

Last edited:
New error today:

New files of configuration for Apache web server were not built due to errors in configuration templates: apache2: Syntax error on line 227 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 7 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/zz010_psa_httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 24 of /opt/psa/admin/conf/generated/13435533140.07661400_horde.include: Syntax error on line 89 of /opt/psa/admin/conf/webmail_horde_bootstrap.conf: Could not open configuration file /opt/psa/admin/conf/generated/13441141240.10551900_classic_domainname_com_webmail.include: No such file or directory . The detailed error message was e-mailed to you, so please check the e-mail, fix the errors, and click here to retry generating broken configuration or click here to retry generating of all configurations.

EDIT: ^ We solved this one.

Still waiting reply for first post.

Last edited:
Note: All this problems below are noticed after updating Plesk 10.4.4 to Plesk 11.0.9
1) error_log - When i'm trying to check error log document, on every domain i get blank page page. Picture:
http://i50.tinypic.com/1gn9du.png
BUT, when i click on the right side to download file, everything works just fine and i can see whole log.

we have the same problem with Plesk 11 on Debian 6 (64 Bit). It seems as if this is caused by known bug in PHP/ZLIB (see https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=53829). At the default PHP installation on Debian the function gzopen() is replaced by the function gzopen64() and the logfile viewer seems to make use of gzopen().

As Plesk 11 is Debian 6 compatible it would be great if Parallels would release a Plesk bugfix where gzopen64() is used instead.

I agree.

New problem with one client with Mail Service (checkbox is disabled). I didn't notice that other clients have this problem. Image:
http://i45.tinypic.com/25tkdbq.png

I tryed few solutions but nothing. Anyone have same problem? I've searched on forums for this problem and i noticed one topic in Plesk Parallels 10.x

How did you solve this problem?

I have the same one...

Dear nardevb,

my quote from last post

New files of configuration for Apache web server were not built due to errors in configuration templates: apache2: Syntax error on line 227 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 7 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/zz010_psa_httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 24 of /opt/psa/admin/conf/generated/13435533140.07661400_horde.include: Syntax error on line 89 of /opt/psa/admin/conf/webmail_horde_bootstrap.conf: Could not open configuration file /opt/psa/admin/conf/generated/13441141240.10551900_classic_domainname_com_webmail.include: No such file or directory . The detailed error message was e-mailed to you, so please check the e-mail, fix the errors, and click here to retry generating broken configuration or click here to retry generating of all configurations.

Since that domain didn't have e-mail service on server (it has google aps - gmail) i was wondering why webmail error for this domain, so i edited BOLD - /opt/psa/admin/conf/webmail_horde_bootstrap.conf
and remove line where config file was including named configuration file. After saving changes this message was not longer showing in plesk.

Note: Be aware what you're doing, because you're doing it on your own risk.

Regards,
Mislav.

thnx Miroslav

:( unfortunately, i didn't see it properly...

But it seems that i'm on the right way to solve it. It seems that it's up to email service but atmail not horde....

thnx Miroslav

:( unfortunately, i didn't see it properly...

But it seems that i'm on the right way to solve it. It seems that it's up to email service but atmail not horde....

It's Mislav (not Miroslav hehe). Good luck with solving problem.

True, they can. But not all my clients (customers), i checked now a lot of users who were created before/after upgrading Plesk and i think i know what is the problem.
What i meant:
1) Some of customers (domains) that were created on version 10.4.x have option to create domain aliases after upgrading Plesk to version 11.0.9 and some of them don't have.
2) Some of customers (domains) that were created after upgrading Plesk to version 11.0.9 don't have option to create domain aliases and some of them have.

Any suggestion what to do? Is there command to run through all domain and set that option available?

All of them are "Owners" (have all permissions listed there - even though every owner have different permissions, i don't know how is that possible - shouldn't all domain owners in plesk have same permissions?).

Last edited:
I agree.

New problem with one client with Mail Service (checkbox is disabled). I didn't notice that other clients have this problem. Image:
http://i45.tinypic.com/25tkdbq.png

I tryed few solutions but nothing. Anyone have same problem? I've searched on forums for this problem and i noticed one topic in Plesk Parallels 10.x

For the mail service box being disabled, I solved it by enabling the mail service through the shell with the command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail --update-service <domain.com> -status enabled

Dear abdi,

thanks for sharing. Your command solved my problem. Only command i found was this one:

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain -u <domain.com> -mail_service true

but this one isn't working/solving this kind of problem, so i knew there must be something else. Thanks again!

Hello again.

I have problem with few domain alias. Image:
http://i50.tinypic.com/148kok8.png

Red arrow -> hover text is : "Domain alias is switched off because the domain is suspended."

That's not true. Parent domain is not suspended, it's active and it's working. I've tryed to delete domain alias, suspend parent domain, re-create domain alias and message was gone (domain was active), but after some time again same problem.

After clicking on button "Switch On/Off" i get the message that is shown on picture (green).

Only thing i found in logs is this (/var/log/syslog):
Aug 20 13:15:38 "NAME" named[7002]: received SIGHUP signal to reload zones
Aug 20 13:15:38 axion named[7002]: loading configuration from '/etc/named.conf'
Aug 20 13:15:38 axion named[7002]: using default UDP/IPv4 port range: [1024, 65535]
Aug 20 13:15:38 axion named[7002]: using default UDP/IPv6 port range: [1024, 65535]
Aug 20 13:15:38 axion named[7002]: reloading configuration succeeded
Aug 20 13:15:38 axion named[7002]: zone "NAME"/IN: NS 'ns1."NAME"' has no address records (A or AAAA)
Aug 20 13:15:38 axion named[7002]: zone "NAME"/IN: NS 'ns2."NAME"' has no address records (A or AAAA)
Aug 20 13:15:38 axion named[7002]: zone "NAME"/IN: not loaded due to errors.
Aug 20 13:15:38 axion named[7002]: reloading zones succeeded
Aug 20 13:15:38 axion named[7002]: zone "IP".in-addr.arpa/IN: loaded serial 1345468538
Aug 20 13:15:38 axion named[7002]: zone "ALIAS-DOMAIN.com"/IN: loaded serial 2012082045
Aug 20 13:15:38 axion named[7002]: zone "ALIAS-DOMAIN.com"/IN: sending notifies (serial 2012082045)

Any suggestion what to do?

What do you get when you execute:

mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa
select * from `DomainServices` where dom_id=198;

Where 198 is the domain name ID as seen from plesk control panel.

I think this is it, ID for domain is 85, but link to this inactive alias domain kinda differs from active domain names, i can see clearly (for active domain names) at the end .../id/xx

+-----+--------+-----------+--------+---------------+----------------+
| id | dom_id | type | status | parameters_id | ipCollectionId |
| 228 | 85 | mail | 18 | 85 | 228 |
| 229 | 85 | web | 0 | 0 | 229 |
| 232 | 85 | maillists | 17 | 0 | 232 |
| 629 | 85 | tomcat | 17 | 284 | 629 |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Last edited:
Back