• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue FFmpeg installation

giuseppe2022

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Linux Centos 7 updated
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition Version 18.0.43 Update #1
Hello,

I have installed FFMpeg, I have created the crontab for the php file and I have server confirmation for both but the wordpress transcoder plugin says FFMpeg is not installed.

So I have two questions related to the way the plugin operates:

1. what is the path for the ffmpeg executable ?
2. Is PHP exec/shell_exec function enabled on your server and will it be able to run the ffmpeg?

Note: It is on
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition
Version 18.0.43 Update #1

and I have seen that in disabled function there is opcache_get_status so I don't know if exec/shell_exec are enabled at the moment .

A simple and straight procedure would be very appreciated (newby Plesk licensed user)

Thanks for your support,

Giuseppe

This is not really an issue related to Plesk.

Are you the owner/administrator of your server? Then it's up to you to configure and secure your server. With the exception of the opcache_get_status function Plesk does not disable any other PHP functions. However your provider might have used a custom configuration for your server in which some functions might be disabled. Easiest way to find out is to simply create a PHP script with a shell_exec function as a test. Like:

PHP:
<?php
$output = shell_exec('ls -lart');
echo "<pre>$output</pre>";
?>

Which should output a directory list. If there is no output and no error showing, have look at your error logs in Plesk. If shell_exec is disabled then there will be an error message in the log like PHP message: "PHP Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/info.php on line 3"

Have a look at the FFmpeg documentation on how to use FFmpeg with PHP.

Back