• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

File Download

S

smokindss

I thought this was amazing feature until a client asked if he could put more the one file! Well that a No that really sucks you thing they would have made a page where they could have multiple file downloads, I thought it was that way from the begining. Anyways just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by smokindss
I thought this was amazing feature until a client asked if he could put more the one file! Well that a No that really sucks you thing they would have made a page where they could have multiple file downloads, I thought it was that way from the begining. Anyways just my 2 cents.

I fully support this remark: a full download page for just 1 file seems a bit ridiculous ...

I understand your position but as I know this feature came from customers requests.
I have also passed request for developers to extend Downloadable content module functionality and probably this will be done in next Sitebuilder versions. If I have any additional information I will post it here.

I am actually not sure if this is necessary at all. You do not have to make it 1st level page. Create the following site structure:
Code:
+- Home
+- About
++ Downloads (HTML)
|+- File1.exe (downloadable file)
|+- File2.doc (downloadable file)
+- Contacts

Create the following site structure:
Code:
+- Home
+- About
++ Downloads (HTML)
|+- File1.exe (downloadable file)
|+- File2.doc (downloadable file)
+- Contacts

is there a way I can get list of downloadable files in that downloads (html) files ??

because so far I can only get that list on the left menu (based on template)

WYSIWYG have an ability to upload files. Go to Edit step, click 'Insert/Edit link' button. Then click 'Browse server' button and upload your files.

We do not do that for you automatically. However, the downloadable files do appear in the "Custom Links" dropdown in WYWIWYG, so it's not too hard to add them to Downloads.html.

Back