• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Backup to cloud Pro: Backup of the entire server to different destinations possible?

flex1

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.54 Update #4
Hello!
On 19.09. I received the news (Multiple backup rules or more options) that Plesk has implemented the long-awaited feature to create backups to different destinations and schedules.
I think that making this extension payable is highly debatable, but that is not the topic of my post.

I purchased the plugin (Backup to Cloud Pro) so that I could back up the entire server and do so on two different servers. Previously, I backed up to remote storage via FTPS. My goal now, after purchasing the plugin, is to continue backing up the entire server to the remote storage via FTPS and additionally to another remote storage via SFTP, which is part of the "Backup to Cloud Pro" extension. But unfortunately I don't see a way to select two backup destinations for the entire server. Am I missing something?

I have configured my backup in "Tools & Settings" -> "Backup Manager". I can now add an SFTP destination through the plugin, but where do I set the scheduled backups to be saved to both my previous FTPS destination and the new SFTP destination?

Best regards

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-26 um 11.53.28.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-26 um 11.53.28.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 7
If I am not mistaken the feature to store backups to different locations is available in Plesk version 18.0.55 (or higher). If you are still running 18.0.54 upgrade to version 18.0.55 first.

So that you know, you can accomplish the same thing with the Amazon S3 extension. It allows you to back up to any vendor compatible with the S3 API, such as Backblaze B2. You don't need to purchase an extension for this; it's free.

The only drawback is that subscription users only see the backups stored via FTPS. The S3 backups are only visible to the administrator.

Last edited:
Back