1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Firewall: Allow Port Range (i.e. 60000-65000)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by kamermans, Sep 22, 2007.

1. kamermans

kamermans Guest

I have 3 Plesk dedicated servers, 1x Fedora Core 4 Linux w/Plesk 8.0.1 and 2x FreeBSD 6.1.1 w/Plesk 8.1.1

I often modify the firewall config to allow the servers to exchange unfiltered information between themselves, but when I use the Plesk Firewall Module it always overwrites my existing rules. I need to allow a range of ports (normally 60000-65000) for passive FTP, and I'm not going to make an entry in Plesk for each port, so how can I specify a range of ports in the firewall module or apply a custom rule of my own?

Since I'm on both Linux and BSD, I'm using iptables and ipfw, each of which supports a very simple syntax for port ranges (start:end and start-end, respectively).

How does everyone else deal with this issue??? I would think that Plesk would come pre-configured with passive FTP support.