• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall Black List Breaches

1douglask

I have 3 blogs on my server and I started placing spammers on the Plesk 8.2 firewall black list blocking them from access by any port. I have 2 IP's, and maybe more that I haven't spotted yet but just 2 for sure, that continue to get through attempting to post to my blogs. All of the others seem to have been blocked. I have tried listing the IP twice, I tried deleting these IP's, reactivating the firewall, reentering them and reactivating the firewall, I even rebooted the server. These same 2 IP's keep showing up on my logs? Can anyone tell me why? Better, how do I block them from access at all?

Hi

from root ssh :

iptables -I INPUT -s offending_ip -j DROP

This, in case that they are fix ips.
Maybe you enter them in rc.local so they stay out permamnently.

Hi

from root ssh :

iptables -I INPUT -s offending_ip -j DROP

This, in case that they are fix ips.
Maybe you enter them in rc.local so they stay out permamnently.

First, I am hoping the trackback spammers are using fixed IP's at least for the most part.

I talked to my host and he said this could be done BUT I would have to do it and that is not an option. So, the question still is how are these few getting through the Plesk firewall?

Back