1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Firewall Black List Breaches

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by 1douglask, Jan 25, 2008.

1. 1douglask

1douglask Guest

I have 3 blogs on my server and I started placing spammers on the Plesk 8.2 firewall black list blocking them from access by any port. I have 2 IP's, and maybe more that I haven't spotted yet but just 2 for sure, that continue to get through attempting to post to my blogs. All of the others seem to have been blocked. I have tried listing the IP twice, I tried deleting these IP's, reactivating the firewall, reentering them and reactivating the firewall, I even rebooted the server. These same 2 IP's keep showing up on my logs? Can anyone tell me why? Better, how do I block them from access at all?

2. blank_page

blank_page Regular Pleskian

53%
    Hi

from root ssh :

iptables -I INPUT -s offending_ip -j DROP

This, in case that they are fix ips.
    Maybe you enter them in rc.local so they stay out permamnently.

3. 1douglask

1douglask Guest

First, I am hoping the trackback spammers are using fixed IP's at least for the most part.

I talked to my host and he said this could be done BUT I would have to do it and that is not an option. So, the question still is how are these few getting through the Plesk firewall?