• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Firewall Black List Breaches

1

1douglask

Guest
I have 3 blogs on my server and I started placing spammers on the Plesk 8.2 firewall black list blocking them from access by any port. I have 2 IP's, and maybe more that I haven't spotted yet but just 2 for sure, that continue to get through attempting to post to my blogs. All of the others seem to have been blocked. I have tried listing the IP twice, I tried deleting these IP's, reactivating the firewall, reentering them and reactivating the firewall, I even rebooted the server. These same 2 IP's keep showing up on my logs? Can anyone tell me why? Better, how do I block them from access at all?
 
Hi

from root ssh :

iptables -I INPUT -s offending_ip -j DROP

This, in case that they are fix ips.
Maybe you enter them in rc.local so they stay out permamnently.
 
Hi

from root ssh :

iptables -I INPUT -s offending_ip -j DROP

This, in case that they are fix ips.
Maybe you enter them in rc.local so they stay out permamnently.

First, I am hoping the trackback spammers are using fixed IP's at least for the most part.

I talked to my host and he said this could be done BUT I would have to do it and that is not an option. So, the question still is how are these few getting through the Plesk firewall?
 
Back
Top