• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall blocks E-Mails every Day

ReinhartK

New Pleskian
Hello,
i have a brand new and fresh installed server with:

Parallels Plesk v12.0.18
openSUSE 13.1

My Problem is, every day i have to klick on activate in the settings of the firewall. Otherwise i have no Mail. The rest (Hosting, etc.) works fine.
No changes in the firewallsettings where made, just a migration from my old server.

Greetings, Reinhart

Any results of troubleshooting? Error logs, messages, etc?

Nothing in the Logs, no Errormessages.
The only Thing is when i try to connect with Thunderbird it needs much Time without Reaction.
When i go to the Panel and click on activate the Firewallsettings the Mails come in imediatly.

Edit: qmail: 1delivery 479: deferral: Sorry,_I_wasn't_able_to_establish_an_SMTP_connection._(#4.4.1)/

After the Click on activate it works fine without Errors.

Last edited:
Stopped by itself:

2014-12-08T21:30:40.575356+01:00 ***** kernel: [*****] SFW2-INext-DROP-DEFLT IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=***** SRC=***** DST=***** LEN=52 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=120 ID=31403 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=50599 DPT=110 WINDOW=8192 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 OPT (*****)

Restart by Hand:

2014-12-09T08:15:13.436756+01:00 ***** kernel: [*****] SFW2-INext-ACC-TCP IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=***** SRC=***** DST=***** LEN=52 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=120 ID=19168 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=55248 DPT=80 WINDOW=8192 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 OPT (*****)

Hi ReinhartK,

even that your issue is a NON-Plesk-related issue, I recommend a further investigation to your cron - logs, if this happens daily.
As well, you could investigate, if SUSE has no additional standard firewall installed, which could interfere with the Plesk - integrated one. If this is the case, I would suggest to remove the SUSE firewall, because you already have a firewall shipped with Plesk. If this is the case and you insist on keeping both firewalls, or want to use the SUSE standard firewall, please be aware that you have to modify the SUSE firewall on your very own.

*Smashing my Head against the Wall

Thank you so much!
It was the openSuse Firewall. In over 10 Years i had never these Problems, now my Servercompany changed the Standards and installs the Suse Firewall and Plesk 12 automatically in a new Installation.

Back