• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Firewall enabled but rules still gray

adecap

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.63 Update #2
Hi,
I am running Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition 18.0.63 Update #2 on Debian 12.
Everything seems to function fine; the firewall extension is enabled, but all the rules are still grey. I have used Plesk before, where the colours of the rules were either red or green, and judging by the screen captures posted on the forum, that seems to be how it should be. I have used other browsers to see if the issue was there, but it's the same everywhere. I have also removed and reinstalled the firewall extension.
The "systemctl status plesk-firewall.service" shows no errors and returns the status as "active".

So i am wondering if something is wrong with the setup, or if this is normal?
I have changed the standard ssh port from 22 as described here: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-change-the-SSH-port-number-on-a-Linux-server and here https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rules-using-Plesk-Firewall-in-Plesk-for-Linux

Might that be something that is causing this?
Skjermbilde 2024-08-19 kl. 15.16.43.png

This is normal.

You can't edit the standard Plesk firewall rules.

You can only edit rules you have added yourself.

This is normal.

You can't edit the standard Plesk firewall rules.

You can only edit rules you have added yourself.
I might have worded myself badly but I meant the icon before the “Allow incoming” or “Deny all” is gray and not red or green.

Something went wrong with CONNECTION to MariaDB from outside and the firewall ON/OFF fails? Anybody facing the same problems?
18.0.63 Update #2

INFO: [Tue Aug 20 10:34:39 CEST 2024]: Service: plesk-firewall, Action: start Trying to start service plesk-firewall... failedAug 20
10:34:39 hecustomer02.test.de systemd[1]: Starting Plesk firewall rules...Aug 20 10:34:39 hecustomer02.test.de systemd[16049]:
plesk-firewall.service: Failed to set up mount namespacing: /run/systemd/unit-root/lib64: Cannot allocate memoryAug 20 10:34:39 hecustomer02.test.de systemd[16049]: plesk-firewall.service: Failed at step NAMESPACE spawning /bin/bash: Cannot allocate memoryAug 20 10:34:39 hecustomer02.test.de systemd[1]: plesk-firewall.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=226/NAMESPACEAug 20 10:34:39 hecustomer02.test.de systemd[1]: plesk-firewall.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.Aug 20 10:34:39 hecustomer02.test.de systemd[1]: Failed to start Plesk firewall rules.Warning: journal has been rotated since unit was started, output may be incomplete.***** problem report *****Warning: start service plesk-firewall failed

I might have worded myself badly but I meant the icon before the “Allow incoming” or “Deny all” is gray and not red or green.
Those icons are gray in my Plesk too. I think they changed the colors in one of the Plesk updates (think it was 18.0.60).

Hello, everyone. The cosmetic bug is confirmed by our team. Thank you for your reports and apologies for any possible confusion caused by the improper colorization. A fix will be introduced in one of the upcoming updates. The bug ID is EXTPLESK-5735. Unfortunately, we cannot suggest a workaround for the time being.

Hello, everyone. The cosmetic bug is confirmed by our team. Thank you for your reports and apologies for any possible confusion caused by the improper colorization. A fix will be introduced in one of the upcoming updates. The bug ID is EXTPLESK-5735. Unfortunately, we cannot suggest a workaround for the time being.
Is there a easy way to see if the firewall is working as it should?

To confirm the firewall is enabled you can use:

/usr/local/psa/bin/modules/firewall/settings --is-enabled

You may also list the firewall rules in JSON format using:

/usr/local/psa/bin/modules/firewall/settings --list-json

The reported issue is only cosmetic and does not affect the normal operation of the firewall itself.

Back