• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Firewall installation - activation failed

TELLO0815

New Pleskian
Hi all,

Plesk 18.0.32 on Linux.
I want to use Firewall to block one IP. So I installed Firewall.
If I go now to Tool&Settings ->Firewall I click on "Activate Firewall Rules" (Something like this in English ;-) )
I click and get after some time a black browser. Nothing changed if I go again to firewall.
I restart the server, activated again, same game.
Sometimes I get red message "Error: Access denied."

I tried to login with root user, no changes.

So looks like I can not activate the firewall.

Any related details, error messages from /var/log/plesk/panel.log ?

I want to use Firewall to block one IP. So I installed Firewall.
It might not be the right way to achieve what you want to do. Here is a quick workaround:
On the Linux console, you could run
# iptables -I INPUT 1 -s <IPv4 address to block> -j DROP
This will insert a drop rule at the first position in iptables, so that all incoming traffic from that ip will be blocked. To remove the rule
# iptables -D INPUT -s <IPv4 address to unblock> -j DROP
This will remove the IP from iptables.
Do not try this with the server IP or any IP from where you want to access the server.

Sometimes I get red message "Error: Access denied."
It's not related to the firewall issue and can be safely ignored. This happens when you leave an open session and come back later to the panel trying to access an admin-account-protected menu item or trying to access the same item with a different user account or from a different (new) session. Your new panel session will take over and give you access again when you click the item that you want to open again.

I tried to login with root user, no changes.
Where did you try to login with "root"? What changes did you expect to see there?

@Peter Debik - i blocked now with linux FW. Thank you.

But I don't understand why the firewall is not installing on Plesk. The red message, yes can be because I get - If I activate the firewall -browser error. So I must go back.

You are blocking yourself by one of the firewall rules. Examine the rules. Better: Deactivate all rules but a single one of which you are sure that it does not affect your own IP address and/or port(s). Then activate the other rules step-by-step until you find the one that is blocking you.

Back