• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Firewall is BROKEN!

klmgraphics

New Pleskian
I had an issue where no one could connect to their account FTP. ALL I did was disable and enable the firewall, I changed NOTHING, simply clicked to disable and then enable and FTP started working! This leaves me questioning just how reliable is the Plesk Firewall!

Do you have the firewalld service active on your server? Then it is possible that it interferes with settings that Plesk Firewall should solely control. Please deactivate the firewalld service if you use Plesk Firewall. Please see the "Compatibility with the Plesk Firewall extension" on this page: Plesk for Linux and firewalld Compatibility

Do you have the firewalld service active on your server? Then it is possible that it interferes with settings that Plesk Firewall should solely control. Please deactivate the firewalld service if you use Plesk Firewall. Please see the "Compatibility with the Plesk Firewall extension" on this page: Plesk for Linux and firewalld Compatibility
Thanks Peter, I assumed this was the Plesk Firewall. I have not installed a third party firewall and just enabled this one because it was installed when I was issued the server. I come from 25+ years working with cPanel so this is my first stint with Plesk and still getting my feet wet with it and feel like a total noob!

Here is what is odd about this whole thing. We discovered that FTP was not allowing connections, even without SSL. I disabled the firewall and FTP started working but within an hour it stopped working. I enabled it and FTP started working yet again and so far it has not had any impact on FTP. I cant help but think there is something else going on here because this should not have worked as it did.

Back