• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Firewall, modify not allowed

Weerz

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.49 Update #2
Hi,

I am renewing my server to a fresh server.
New install in Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS and Plesk 18.0.49 Update #2.

But now I want to harden it with the firewall settings, where it's installed and also activated. Also trough Advisor.
When I make changes and want to apply it runs but then the page goes black, Refresh and I get permission denied as notification.

Deleting and reinstalling firewall did not work, also tried a new fresh install of the server but no luck.

So where to look now on what I could be?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi Kaspar,

Saw that one indeed, but that's about enabling.
There it also mentions the "Advisor" to fix it. But in my Plesk it's enabled and can configure. But I can't apply the changes where it says, permission denied.

Need to give us something more to go off of, like showing what the log file shows. For all I know, AppArmor (Ubuntu's version of SELinux) could be causing the issue but without you doing some of the leg work of getting more details makes it hard to point you in the direction. Worst comes to worst, you can always open a ticket with Plesk support and you can give them access remotely to take a look. Refer to the following article for contacting their support directly:

Back