• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall rules flushed when Plesk checks for updates

volta9e

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

I have rented a virtual server from strato.de with Ubuntu 14 and Plesk preinstalled.
Everything was working fine for a while and then it suddenly started that all my firewall rules get flushed during the night at around 01:52 when Plesk checks for updates.

Here is the installed Plesk version:

Product version: 12.5.30 Update #29
Update date: 2016/04/20 01:51
Build date: 2016/04/07 13:00
OS version: Ubuntu 14.04
Revision: 344620
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2

I have uninstalled the Plesk Firewall module, disabled auto update etc. But nothing helps.
Every day at 01:52 my firewall rules are flushed and Plesk Panel is not available for a few minutes.
It gets really annoying to restore the rules every day, especially all the bots that try to connect and search for exploits..

I also have iptables persitent installed and my rules are not deleted when I reboot the server. It must be some kind of script that does this, I really have no idea why else this would happen.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this, or how I can fix this without reinstalling everyting?

Ps.: The Plesk install log claims that it is patching files every day at 01:52, even though there have been no Plesk updates in the last few days... Is this a normal behavior or might this be the cause of the problem?

Back