• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Firewall suddenly took Plesk down overnight

You'll want to keep iptables, because that is where the firewall rules act. iptables is the command to add or delete ruls and chains. It does not need the service. But: The iptables.service is needed to automatically load saved rulesets on boot and also unload them on shutdown. In my opinion you should keep both.
Thanks for reply
I have about 10 servers at same provider with almalunux 8 / plesk, iptables.service is by default disabled along with firewalld (from the provider's plesk installation)
and plesk firewall works very fine without doing anything except activating firewall from plesk.
At other provider firewalld is activated and makes the problem described byt Tim and me.
When i will be at office i will provide screenshots with various cases as things seems confused with firewall, imagine at one server
systemctl status psa-firewall gives service does not exist message but is activated and plesk-firewall services loaded but not activated and works fine!
At late versions there is generally a confusion with psa-firewall and plesk-firewall services, some have the one some the other even same versions,
i assume the case is what was the first version of plesk installed over the years.

You'll want to keep iptables, because that is where the firewall rules act. iptables is the command to add or delete ruls and chains. It does not need the service. But: The iptables.service is needed to automatically load saved rulesets on boot and also unload them on shutdown. In my opinion you should keep both.
Here is the normal at 10 servers as plesk installed by provider and i just enabled the extension, all work pretty well, iptables.service is not installed by default in Almalinux

Attachments

• fir1.JPG
    fir1.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 6
And here is the most funny screenshot, at only one machine, prooves the mess with psa-firewall and plesk-firewall names of service
psa-firewall service not found but active!
plesk-firewall service loaded but inactive!
firewall works ok though, Peter if any idea please share

Here it is:

Attachments

• fir2.JPG
    fir2.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 9
psa-firewall is the old service name. When you updated from Plesk 18.0.52 it is thinkable that this service still exists in the system, but the new service name is plesk-firewall.service. To resolve the issue, stop the old service, start or restart the new one or reboot the system. The situation looks strange (the "not found"), but it has no influence on the functionality.

Back