• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall

KamalG

Basic Pleskian
I have setup a new plesk 11 on centos 6,

can anyone please help me implement strong firewall to protect my vps server.

Thank you

I dont know anything about that I just had few lines on /etc/sysconfig/iptables file is the plesk firewall module enough to keep the hackers away ? Also what port does webmail use ?? I allowed smtp pop and imap but still doesnt work

I've never had any issues with it. Webmail should use port 80, under a subdomain of which ever domain you provide webmail for. The webmail software connects to the imap server internally so I don't think firewall would effect it.

Make sure you activate the new configuration.

Sometimes, I've had to reactivate the config after a server reboot - not sure why though!

What are the issues you have with webmail?

I dont use the plesk firewall module I use the iptables where I have allowed the port 80 and 8443 8447 ports ... whenever I start the firewall the webmail gives problems it says bad gateway request but the sit works fine.

I have no idea about nginx, it's a new installation I have the following parameters in firewall..

# Mail SMTP:25
-A INPUT -p tcp --dport 25 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 25 -j ACCEPT

# Mail POP3:110
-A INPUT -p tcp --dport 110 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 110 -j ACCEPT

# Mail IMAP:143
-A INPUT -p tcp --dport 143 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 143 -j ACCEPT

when I start iptables service
the webmail page gives me the following error

504 Gateway Time-out

nginx

Try and disable nginx.

Tools & Setting > Services Management.

You may need to reconfigure vhosts if it doesn't work at first.

Run the following in a root ssh (or sudo) to reconfigure vhosts.

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Back