• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall?

I

I-Web

I've just bought a dedicated server with plesk on windows 2003 Std and am now looking for a software firewall.

I've seen RealSecure and Vistenic but they'e a bit expensive...any cheap ones you have heard about/recommend?

tia

You can configure RRAS which is not difficult but time consuming. RRAS does pretty well.

Firewall Prices

How much are you looking to spend on a firewall?

Re: Firewall Prices

Originally posted by xerex
How much are you looking to spend on a firewall?

Nothing above £100 ($180)).

Do you know if the inbuilt MS server 2003 firewall is good enough?

I've set it up but Plesk doesn't work. I've forwarded port 8443 but still no joy :(

Firwall Prices

Well for about $250 you can get yourself a hardware firewall that is top notch and even does Network Intrusion Detection and prevention. As well as anti-virus on the fly. Let me know if you are intrested.

May I ask why you don't want to use the build in firewall?

I use it and I hope that I can sleep well by doing that.
Can I?

Well there are a few reasons. The first and foremost Windows as a whole is plauged with security holes. Also the firewalls I use give me more control over how I administer security policies, this allow me to sell custom firewalls to my customers, just by doing this it has already paid for itself ten time over. And last but not least its hardware based and it stops over 1300 different types of attacks including DOS attacks. It also does antivirus on the fly and is configurable based on the protocol. Let me know if you need anything else.

Back