• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

firewall

D

Danman

I have just installed Plesk.
How do I enable the firewall?

Firstly, you should install SP1 for Windows. Plesk will automatically detect Windows Firewall. After that you can use firewall via Plesk.

Hi,
Do I need to change any default values in Plesk firewall setup before enabling it??

Has anyone run to any problem after enabling plesk firewall??

Thanks

Thanks, that did resolve the issue. Bu since i installed sp1 I am getting the following error. DCOM 10021. Still needs to research the error, but thought someone has had the problem before.
I am runnning SQL also on the server.

DCOM 10021 -- DR.WEB issue
When a Windows 2003 server running DR.WEB is upgraded to Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1), a DCOM error with the Event ID 10021 may be present in the event log. The description contains a reference to the CLSID .

A 10021 DCOM error associated with access control restrictions can also be generated.

What to do
Select Start|Run and type
dcomcnfg
In 'Component Services', browse to Console Root|Component Services|Computers|My Computer|DCOM Config.
In the list, locate the DrWEBCOM Service
Select 'Properties'.
Select the Security tab.
Change 'Launch and Activation Permissions' to 'Use Default'.
Change 'Configuration Permissions' to 'Use Default'.
Select 'Apply'.
Restart the DRWebCOM Service'.

Cause:
In Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (SP2), and Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1), a new DCOM infrastructure with enhanced access control restrictions was introduced. This can affect some DrWEb applications so that the launch permissions of the affected service are set incorrectly. Despite the error messages, Dr.WEB Anti-Virus for Windows 2000/XP/2003 will continue to function correctly, and the error messages can be safely ignored.

John S.G.

Back