• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fixed DNS servers of Plesk suggestion

P

pesja

Fixed DNS servers or the Plesk suggestion

We use for al the domains on the linux- and w2k3 boxes the same DNS-servers, which we set into the Server DNS Section.

We added into this section 2 DNS-servers, namely ns1.xyz.com and ns2.abc.com.

Then we make a domain on the same server, called xyz.com and pointed into the DNS section of that domain the shared IP to ns1.xyz. By all the other domains we don't have to do that (of cource) because they pointed automaticly to de former DNS-servers. We use an external DNS-server (ns.abc.com) for redundancy.

This is different than Plesk suggests. They make for every domain a new DNS server IP pointed to ns.domain (in the server section) and (into the domain section) the pointed the domain with the NS statement to the ns.domain. I can understand that i keep these settings, and add only a fixed secondary DNS-server to the server DNS-settings.

Can somebody tell me wether the first one or the seccond one is better / faster / etc?

Back