• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Flash in website header

J

jamesvdm

Hi folks

Does anyone know if it's possible to put a flash image into a website header?

Thanks.

Uploading flash to Sitebuilder and using flash headers

This is an older post, but since I've seen people talking about flash several times in the forums I thought I'd chime in. There's a two part answer here.

1) As always, Dimity is correct. As of sitebuilder 4.2 you can't use standard templates and have flash objects in the headers. However, with our Sitebuilder Flex Template technology, you can upload flash objects and use them as headers. You can have one flash header for the whole site or different headers for different pages. You can have some headers be flash objects, some be images and some be the default header from the home page - all on the same site. We can modify any template or create custom templates that allow you to do this.

2) Contrary to poplar belief, you can actually upload flash objects using the sitebuilder wizard and add them to common pages. Currently, this is something that only works in the Linux version of sitebuilder.

Here are the steps:

1) You need to be at the 'Edit' step of the wizard and on a common page.
2) Click the "Insert/Edit link" icon.
3) Click the [Browse Server] button.
4) A new window opens. In the upper left under "Resource Type" choose "Flash".
5) Then just browse your PC and upload upload your flash file like you would an image.

The flash file will publish to <root directory>/attachments/Flash

You can then use the script module to reference and embed the flash object on a common page.

I hope that's helpful.

Back