• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Follow symlinks and block scanning of particular directories

I'm configuring my site to deploy in such a way that it creates a structure with multiple versions of the site (example.com/deployments/release/<1, 2, 3, etc>
The web hosting root is then set to a symlink (example.com/deployments/current) which points to the latest release directory and is updated with each deployment.

The problem with this method is that the toolkit detects multiple Wordpress installs for this subscription (each release directory) and also appears to look at the absolute path, instead of following the symlink.
  1. Is there a way to prevent the Wordpress toolkit from scanning a particular directory?
  2. Is there a way that the toolkit will follow the symlink, instead of using the absolute directory path?

Thanks in advance.

I've altered my deploy script slightly to remove the (symlink to the) wp-config.php file for a previous release, which prevents the Toolkit from scanning for it, however once the site is in the list, this causes it to be marked as "Broken" instead of removing it from the list.

Ideally, it would be very helpful if the Toolkit followed the symlink to the website directory instead of using the absolute path.
Is there any way to enable this functionality?

Back