• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Force MSSQL Host Change

G

got-hosting

When I was setting up MSSQL, I was having problems getting everything working. I finally figured out what the problem was, but I had the host set to 127.0.0.1 because initially I thought it might be having trouble with the localhost designation.

Now that I have it working, I was trying to get backups frunning, but PSA is telling me that it won't backup remote MSSQL installations!

I am guessing that it is assuming since I have an IP in there that it is a remote install, even thought the 127.0.0.1 is the same as localhost.

Well, I tried to change it to localhost so I can have backups, but it won't let me telling me there are databases already in use (true statement)

So, long questions short, how can I force this cahnge? Where is this data stored and how can I manually change it since there really is no difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?

Thanks!

I love answering my own questions. :)

Okay, using MySQL Front, I connected to the special psa database on por 8306. Then I found the table misc which contains the settings. I cahnged the fiels mssql_data_source to localhost, and now everyone and and everything is happy!

Right you are. Plesk cannot backup mssql databases from remote server. It's not a bug . It's feature :)) Plesk just has no any permissions to do it.

Back