• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Form Mail

M

memphis2002

I realize that this is a somewhat stupid problem... But I can't seem to get my FormMail.pl script to work. I have changed the $mailprog to /usr/sbin/sendmail but each time I reference the script from my form, I get an internal server error. I am referencing the script like this action="/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl" Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong????

Thanks for any help!

- what is the error you are getting ?

- made sure this is the correct path for sendmail ?

you can use this to figure out ... find / -iname sendmail

If you are getting an error 500, then please do a forums search on the following terms:

500 AND error AND cgi

there are a number of posts dealing with this issue.

I guess the major problem i'm facing is that I don't know how to properly enter the values needed to connect the FormMail.pl script so that it can send mail out. If there's a better way, at all... i'm completely All Ears as long as it's something I can implement quickly. On other CPs I used FormMail and did not think I would have this many problems. Any ideas on a better way to send simple form data to a pre-specified address?

As long as you have the proper path to sendmail on your system, then the problem won't be getting to sendmail.

You did not say if you are getting 500 errors or not. So I am still assuming you are.

You can't just dump the script file into the folder and go, this is Plesk. With a Plesk server, there are certain things you have to do to get scripts to work from the cgi-bin directory.

Please go to the following thread and at least check the things which ylikeone posted on 25th July 2005 05:58 AM, and tbannister's post about http headers just after ylikeone's post.

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25784&highlight=500+AND+error+AND+cgi

You should make sure that all those things in both posts have been done on your server. If you don't want to be bothered, then why ask for help/suggestions? Or at least post confirmation that you have done each step and it's still not working.

On a Plesk server, the sendmail script is actually a wrapper/replacement which then passes the mail message to Qmail, but it works fine with FormMail scripts, and would be called from your script just as sendmail would be on other servers. Again, with Plesk, running scripts from cgi-bin takes a few extra steps... as are detailed in the other thread.

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their responses. Secondly, I want to apologize for seeming brash and dumb with my last post. As many of you can probably understand, something so petty as a form mail problem is like a hang nail on your little toe... A dumb problem, but nonetheless, a problem that needs to be dealt with.

To be 100% honest, I haven't the slightest clue how to check for the majority of these tests. I relied on the advice of others for using plesk because they said it was the best and the easiest to use. I'm finding out very quickly that plesk IS the best, however, it requires "pampering" special needs like this for the Form Mail are WAY beyond my means.

1. I am getting a 500 internal error
2. I cannot seem to find anything in the logs pertaining to a problem in the CGI-BIN
3. I do not have SSH Terminal access to the server, I receive a "not displayed" box when I attempt to go into the SSH.
4. CGI is allowed in Plesk
6. I verified that both the script was uploaded in ASCII mode as well as set to 755

I'm currently updating to 7.5.4, I'll update with any enhancements after that.

Back