• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Forwarding to a server on the same Network

dwimpel

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.06
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.56 Update #4
Hi! I'm having some issues and I am hoping someone can help me.

I currently have two servers on the same network. One server is running something I cannot run on Plesk, so it's on a separate server. Both of these services run on HTTP(S) ports.

I am trying to set it up so that plesk(x.x.x.1) forwards to the other server(x.x.x.2).

I tried setting up an A record inside of plesk that forwards to x.x.x.2, but that doesn't seem to actually do anything and just results in a default plesk page.

Setting the domain up as a forwarder isn't an option as I only have a single WAN IP.

Any suggestions? Can someone offer guidance?

Why not enter x.x.x.2 into the DNS of the domain that should be routed to the "One server" directly?

Why not enter x.x.x.2 into the DNS of the domain that should be routed to the "One server" directly?
Another morning, another problem. I slept over it and I believe there are some problems fundamentally with the setup.
Inside of the domain settings under "Hosting & DNS" and then "DNS" I already tried creating an A record that points to x.x.x.2.

However I point the domain's name servers to cloudflare and manage them there. The primary domain and some sub domains are pointing towards another plesk server(Business related, so I'd rather not run all of that over my private network). This one is set up as secondary DNS because I let all traffic be handled through Cloudflare.

I believe that this prevents the DNS on plesk on my private server from working as I do not have a gluerecord set up, which according to plesk instructions requires me to change the NS to that of my private plesk server on my private network.
The problem is that I have something running from my business on my Network (Internal use), and that I want a private web server on that same network.

Considering my limitations, is there no way within plesk to do this? Or am I overlooking something basic?

If it helps, my private plesk is running on a hypervisor. So any ideas are welcome.
If I am making a mistake, I will also be all-ears to correction.
I am unfortunately at the mercy of my own lack of knowledge.

Back