• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved fpm buffer settings and proxy buffer

Servus

Basic Pleskian
Hello!
Sorry I edited this thread full. I'm new at nginx and I read that some plesk user paste this in additional nginx directives in domain apache+nginx settings.
I do not know muc about FPM settings at all. All the time with apache and nginx together I had no problems with it but very often slow browsing, special with images. (by only 100 visitors).
Could you please help finding the correct fpm settings serverwide for all domains if it's possible. My server is Ubuntu 16.04 with 16g ram. I use now only nginx with php 7.1.8. and disabled apache for each domain and also in service plan settings. I know it is less but I want to make it possible for 1000-2000 visitors at maximum prime time. Only make it possible.
Code:
proxy_buffer_size 128k;
proxy_buffers 4 256k;
proxy_busy_buffers_size 256k;
location ~ .php$ {
 fastcgi_buffer_size 128k;
 fastcgi_buffers 4 256k;
 fastcgi_busy_buffers_size 256k;
}
Thanks in advice

Last edited:
Hi Servus,

if you desire to tweak your nginx with the additional settings serverwide, pls. leave out the
Code:
location ~ .php$ {
}
( ... as "location - definitions" are not allowed inside the "nginx.conf" ! ) - part and insert into your "/etc/nginx/nginx.conf":
Code:
        proxy_buffer_size   128k;
        proxy_buffers   4 256k;
        proxy_busy_buffers_size   256k;
... into the "http" - section.​

If you furthermore desire to insert additional "PHP-FPM" - settings, pls. do this over the "Additional nginx directives" at your domain specific "Apache and nginx Settings":
Code:
location ~ .php$ {

fastcgi_buffer_size 128k;
    fastcgi_buffers 4 256k;
    fastcgi_busy_buffers_size 256k;
    fastcgi_temp_file_write_size 256k;

}

Feel good to know this. That is very important for me. Thank you very much. Thumby up :)
Hope the values are correct. I looked in very much support articles of plesk and take this ones which look all right for my server.
You added fast_cgi_file_write_size
therefor I hope you saw these all values and accept them as correct in normal installations.
Thanks your ver ymuch for it;)

Back