• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FreeBDS 5.3 stability

T

TDuncklee

FreeBSD 5.3 stability

I’ve been running FreeBSD 4.8 and Plesk 6.1 for years and FreeBSD has been rock solid. However after using FreeBSD 5.3 and Plesk 7.5.3 for a few months, I find 5.3 to be very unstable. I’ve tested it on four different systems from old P3’s to brand new Pentium 4’s. I’ve used a variety of different drives and at least three clean reloads of the system and Plesk. I’ve had very random problems which I’ve never seen before and I thought I had found my latest problem when I loaded yet another drive and everything seemed stable. However, now if I do not keep a ping running to the system, any network access hangs for at least 20-60 seconds. If the ping is running all is well.

Frankly I’m scared to death to put this thing into production. Does anyone have an opinion on the stability of FreeBSD 5.3? Is 5.4 any better? Should I go back to FreeBSD 4.9 or 4.10 or 4.11? I’m about ready to just give up and leave 4.8 running until it melts down then close up shop and start selling hot dogs for a living... :(

Tim

mmm hotdogs

I recommend freebsd 4.10 and plesk 7.1.7

I will not consider upgrading to the 7.5.x series for at least another 6 months and its out of BETA testing :p

Hi,

I running the base "production" in 4.7 FBSD + 6.xx Plesk :(
the internal Beta + develop run in 4.9 FBSD + 7.53 (with some tests like zope and etc )

I just tinking in install FBSD 5.X and 7.5.x Plesk soon, the other 5.3 machines are all running smooth...

Tia

Back