• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FreeBSD 5.3 Installati

B

bdobson

FreeBSD 5.3 Install

I am looking to install Plesk 7.5.2 on a new machine running FreeBSD 5.3. Has anyone else done this so far and what kind of partition scheme have you taken?

Most everything on the BSD setup puts the data into /usr/local/psa including mail. So having an extremely large /usr parition is obvious.

However, the /var partition should be large or small? For log files, mysql backups and other data.

The drive that is going to be used is 73GIG

Indeed /usr/local/psa must be the largest partition on your server. It's recommended to have /var on a separate partition, but the size depends on the logs you want to keep. For your disk size 4Gb on /var is enough.

By the looks of things the /var partition would only be required for some logs, messages and others. The larger logs such as maillog would go into the /usr partition.

I was looking at a 250MB /var partition and if need be a directory could be symlinked.

If need be, as the machine is not up and going at the moment I could redo the machine and increase the size of /var a little.

On the FreeBSD installation what in total woudl go into /var if everything else is in /usr/local/var in order to require so much space?

Back