• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FreeBSD 5.3 Perl port problem

D

deneme

Datacenter says that

"FreeBSD 5.3 an older version of Perl in the ports collection. I can't get Plesk to install without the correct version of Perl. "

Is it true?
What is the solution?

Re: Re: FreeBSD 5.3 Perl port problem

Originally posted by Whistler
Update your ports collection :)

Hımm
datacenter says...

How can I update perl port?

But I must warn you:

If you don't know anything about your FreeBSD OS and how to use it / update it - you might seriously consider asking your Datacenter to do the job for you!

Update Perl / Ports at your own risk and be aware that it might render you system in a non 100% operational state if anything goes wrong.

Hey Whistler, it sounds like he has been contacting his DC and they don't know how...

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc Hey Whistler, it sounds like he has been contacting his DC and they don't know how...

I know! But I think it's a bit out of scope of this forum (as usual) to teach people how to use their OS.

But if his datacenter can't/won't do it - then he'll have to try for himself - or find (probably pay) someone to do it. And then - I would - if I was him - find another datacenter to run my hosting service if they can't/won't help. But then again - that depends also on what you pay for and what agreement you have signed with the datacenter running the server.

But my advice about the datacenter is more a kind of disclaimer part :-|

Hımm okey.
I think there is problem with FreeBSD Perl port with PLESK 7.5.4

I wanted to install PLESK 7.5.4 to FreeBSD5.3 one months ago. I got error with perl port problem.

Is there any solution to install PLESK 7.5.4 to FreeBSD 5.x?

Hmmm... Why do you think theres a problem? What error do you get? I have no problems here... took a little time to upgrade with all the needed CPAN modules etc. - but it all works fine here...

I found solution

The way I would do this is:

cd /usr
rm -R ports
fetch ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/p...ts/ports.tar.gz
tar zxvf ports.tar.gz && rm ports.tar.gz

Then follow through the instructions to upgrade perl

1. cd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8
2. make deinstall (removes perl5.8.6)
3. make reinstall (hurray! now we have 5.8.7)

They look like my instructions :D

I have upgraded 5 Plesk servers to 7.5.4 FreeBSD and it works fine running those commands before to upgrade perl.

You will also need to reinstall any perl modules you might have installed yourself.

Back