• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FreeBSD 6.0 Support

C

carlosho17

Hi there,

I'm trying to run autoinstaller under FreeBSD 6.0 with compat5.x enabled ... but no luck, it says:

./psa_installer_v2.0.0_build75050913.13_os_FreeBSD_5.3_i386
You are using FreeBSD 6.0, but autoinstaller
was compiled for FreeBSD 5.3.
Exiting autoinstaller.

Any idea when FreeBSD 6.x will be supported ? or at least that it recognizes that it can run under 6.x through compat5.x ?

Freebsd 6.0 is not even in production yet.

Release Candidate 1 at this stage.

I would imagine it will be a long time before plesk for freebsd 6.0 comes out.

Also, running freebsd 6.0rc1 in a production enviroment would probably be not to bright an idea.

I'm sorry for the kick but this OP exactly shows my question and I'm not satisfied with this answer. I think 6.0 is FreeBSD's best release in years and installing 5.x just because the Plesk-installer doesn't like 6 is a silly thing.

Moreover: I've run Plesk 7.5.4 on a 6.0 box by installing it on 5.x and upgrading the OS to 6.0 without noticing any problem. So I think it's just the installer that doesn't like FreeBSD 6.0.

Can someone point me to a workaround that does not require me to first install FBSD 5.3 install Plesk and then upgrade, please?

Back