• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FreeBSD Being dropped

jprince

Basic Pleskian
Hello.
Based on a different thread, it appears Parallels may be dropping FreeBSD Support.
I have looked for additional information, however have found none.
Plesk v10 supported OS's now list FreeBSD as Q3 of 2011, however in a different thread
it was stated that Parallels is no longer going to support FreeBSD.
View Thread

Anyone have any further information?
--john

Sorry, what additional information you want? There is all information in the mentioned post.

Hello Igor.
I do want to say, I am in no way attempting to create any additional frustration, and do
appreciate your honesty.
We have been using Plesk since late 2000, and have seen many changes.

I am asking for validation and confirmation.
Website was updated to reflect Q3 for FreeBSD, Was Q1, yet you indicated FreeBSD will not be supported.
If it is no longer supported, why was the date shifted to Q3?
I have been waiting since last year (2010), with updates from Sale, as well as support indicating
"It will be supported, and to be patient".

Sales is/was not aware of the change.
The only posting was in the 9.x forum.

As I mentioned to my sales rep, I am a bit disappointed.
While FreeBSD may not be Parallels Main Stream Supported OS, it is certainly deployed.
Not sure what Parallels Market share is, however I believe dropping FreeBSD, I believe may be a mistake.

Over the last 3 or so years, FreeBSD support from Parallels has been failing to meet the mark.
Releases that do not work. Support issues that get put on hold.
All the while we still pay for SUS.

Finally I have to ask.
Is there going to be a Formal Posting here indicating the "Dropping" of FreeBSD, or is this posting
going to be it?

Thanks.

Sorry, maybe I was not exact enough. I meant that we won't release any more Plesk for FreeBSD. Old FreeBSD installations will be supported as before.

Sorry guys, I should inform you that decision to drop Free BSD is not final. It is 95% likely that we will drop Free BSD, but it is not official now.

Back