• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Frequent server lock-ups

Ross Edwards

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
RHEL 8.8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.54 Update #4
Hi folks

Obsidian on RHEL 8.8. Trying to diagnose an intermittent problem, sometimes once a week, sometimes several times a day our Plesk server will stop serving websites for a few minutes. The Plesk login page is down too, and network interfaces seem to be down too as pings stop, and we can't SSH over IP.

Usually it's off for a minute before springing back to life, but sometimes we have to restart.

I am competent(ish) with Linux, but it's not my main bag, so I would appreciate if someone could give me some clues on how to diagnose / debug this issue.

Disk space is fine, and when it's gone offline, I've looked at processes from the command line and nothing looks unusual. Which logs can I look to for this?

Many thanks for your help.

No they are already whitelisted - I am thinking this might be a problem with the underlying VM setup, as we've discovered other machines are disappearing at the same time, not just our Plesk setup.....

Looks like not a Plesk thing!

Back