• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Fresh Build of CentOS 5.4 won't allow Plesk Install

SacAutos

Regular Pleskian
I've got a fresh server with a clean install of CentOS 5.4 . Racked it and ran YUM update. Then I downloaded the latest release of plesk 9.3 and attempted to install. Doesn't work. I've tried various combinations of options and none works. Here's the log. What do I do??

Please select the components of Parallels Plesk Panel you want to install:

1. * Base packages of Plesk
2. [*] Plesk Updater
3. [*] PHP5 support
4. [*] PostgreSQL server support
5. [ ] Application vault packages
6. [ ] Plesk Professional Web Site Editor
7. [*] Plesk API [former Plesk Agent]
8. [*] Plesk migration manager
9. [ ] SiteBuilder publishing support for Plesk
10. [ ] SiteBuilder module migration suite
11. [ ] ColdFusion support for Plesk
12. [ ] MIVA Empresa support
13. [ ] Plesk billing
14. [.] <+> Plesk hosting features // 1 of 5 components selected

Different mailservers
15. (*) Qmail mailserver
16. ( ) Postfix mailserver

17. [ ] <+> Additional Plesk modules // 0 of 5 components selected
18. [ ] <+> Game servers // 0 of 3 components selected
19. [.] <+> Addition mail services // 2 of 4 components selected
20. [.] <+> Server backup solutions // 1 of 2 components selected
21. [ ] <+> Additional language packs // 0 of 9 components selected
22. [ ] <+> Plesk webmails support // 0 of 2 components selected

N) Next page; P) Go back; Q) Cancel installing;
A) Select all; D) Deselect all;
Enter number to toggle the component or to overview the group;
Type a number or a character of desired action [N]:
Retrieving information about the installed packages...
Downloading the file PSA_9.3.0/dist-rpm-CentOS-5-i386/build-9.3.0-cos5-i386.hdr.gz: 10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% done.
Downloading the file PSA_9.3.0/update-rpm-CentOS-5-i386/update-9.3.0-cos5-i386.hdr.gz: 10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% done.
Downloading the file PSA_9.3.0/thirdparty-rpm-CentOS-5-i386/thirdparty-9.3.0-cos5-i386.hdr.gz: 11%..20%..31%..40%..52%..61%..70%..82%..91%..100% done.
Determining the packages that need to be installed.
ERROR: Unable to install the "plesk-base-9.3.0-cos5.build93091230.07.i586" package.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.
[root@host ~]#

You shouldn't run yum update after CentOS and before Plesk installation. Run it after Plesk installation if you want to update your system.

Brilliant - that actually worked. Of course I got excited and installed everything. Now I'd like to dump the unnecessary **** like the battlefield game servers. Is there an easy way to make those go away?

Got a shortcut for you, just run:

yum remove <packagename>

so for example to remove the counterstrike game server:

yum remove cs-gs

For those of us who don't like the idea of connecting an unpatched server to the internet, is there a list of of packages the broken 9.3 installer barfs on so we can back-rev just those specific rpm's to get it installed and then roll forward?

Back