• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fresh Install - all sites prompting for username & password?

T

TheChillPill

I've been stuck with this problem for a few days now, and it's starting to really get to me.

I've got a new dedicated server, Running Win2003 web edition, with Plesk 7.5.4.

It's a completely fresh install, and has not yet (successfully) hosted anything.

Now I'll admit I'm pretty new to this, though I have been running a similar setup on a VPS for the last few months without any problem.

When I create a domain, and configure the hosting, everything appears to be setup correctly. However, browsing to the site, or using the 'site preview' prompts for a username and password.

I found the following article - http://kb.swsoft.com/article_156_976_en.html and have followed it several times now, yet the problem still remains. The only part I haven't been able to do there is check for 'Protected URLs', because I can't find anything in the control panel with that name.

I changed the passwords, both manually and through the command prompt, I've checked the read/write permissions - everything.

Any thoughts on what I could be missing?

Back