• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question From single-server setup to multi-server?

FYI

Basic Pleskian
Hey Guys,

actually i'm testing a bit plesk if it is a good for me and my team and we have a very important question.

Did we can setup just a single-server setup and gonna start from time to time to exclude services on own nodes? And how licensing looking when i wanna exclude services?

Did u can recommend eventually ur setups to become a feeling for it?

Best regards

Last edited:
Sure, i can - i mean, that we want to start with the web host licence and just 1 server where all services like both nameserver, webserver, database etc. running. For more redundanty and high availability we want with time to time exclude services like the both nameserver to own virtual server working with plesk.

And were interested in models how you have setup your infrastructure to become a picture how it can works.

U know?

e.g. first were start to run plesk for our own websites but if we host more than our - like customers pages e.g. where dont want to trust just the one server^^

Ok, I see. In terms of licensing in your model, nothing will be changed. Licensing does not affect services. It affects the Service Provider management, the number of domains, but not whether you have any services on the Plesk server or somewhere on another server.
More details:
Plesk Editions - Plesk

So i can later setup 2 new server with the plesk nameserver service (for primary/secondary ns), configure the servers to running as our new nameserver and remove nameserver service from our main machine without losing data and just need 1 license of web host? ^^

Have I understood that correctly?

No, you need to buy licenses for additional Plesk servers. But you can use slave nameservers on servers without Plesk and install Slave DNS Manager extension on your Plesk server Slave DNS Manager - Plesk Extensions without purchasing additional Plesk licenses.

Back