• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Frontpage Error - Wrong Server Type?

N

NightStorm

I'm not exactly sure when this error started, but it's causing some disturbance with my customers all of a sudden.
Seems that sometime in the last week or two, Frontpage decided to break itself.
We now receive the following error when clicking on the Frontpage Management button in Plesk:

Server Error: Unknown web server type " ". On Windows platforms, Microsoft Internet Information Server is supported. On UNIX platforms, Apache with the Microsoft FrontPage patch is supported

I have tried removing the Frontpage RPM and reinstalling it through the Plesk Updater page, but the error just will not go away.
Any ideas on what happened here, and how I can fix it?
Server details:

OS Linux 2.4.21-4.0.1.ELsmp
psa 7.5.2-rhel3.build75050130.17
httpd 2.0.46-46.highfd.rhel3.art
frontpage 5.0.2.2634
php 4.3.11-1.rhel3.art

try uninstalling the FP you have and try installing ART's frontpage-5.0-70psa.rhel3.i586.rpm using yum.

Yeah, sorry.
There was a setting in mod_security that was hiding the server make and version from users (those who would get a 404 error or whatever would not see the server build in the error page), and it was interfering with the Frontpage module.
Commented out the setting, and it was all good.
Credit the help at ART Forum for figuring this out.

Worked when I commented out this:

# Server masking is optional
#fake server banner - NOYB used - no one needs to know what we are using
#SecServerSignature "NOYB"