• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Frontpage extensions not working !!HELP!!

S

steve009

Hi

We are using plesk 7.6 with windows2003 server. Below things are enable on server but still customer unable to connect using frontpage. 1) Frontpage2002 extensions are enable on control panel >>Add and remove Programs >>Add and remove components >> Application server >> IIS.2) In plesk admin panel server >>Plesk componet management >> Web Publish Microsoft FrontPage 5.0.2.5012 3) In IIS webservice extensions >> enabled the "frontpage extensions 2002" Allowed.

Problem : 1) In plesk I enable Frontpage for client and domain but clients are unable to connect to server using frontpage. 2) when we click FPadmin icon it is asking user id and password after applying user id and password,getting error like "Service is temporarirly unavailabile". 3) On client place when they connect using front page following error is appearing "Unable to open <<domain name >>", "Server Error: The webserver at <<domain.com>> does not appear to have frontpage extensions installed".

!!! Any solution for above issue !!!

If any body having the solution for above issue .Please kindly help me to resolve the issue

!! Frontpage Extensions Issue!!!

Hi

I found that In fronpage i am able to publish the website by using ftp://<<domain name>> but i am not able to publish by using http://<<domain name>>. This happens only in one domain, but other domains are able to publish with both methods. Can any one suggest / help me for above issue.

Hello,

Assume that frontpage is installed on your operating system level.
Assume that Plesk control Panel is recognizing frontpage extansion.

Then you should do the following:

1) you need to create a domain account , which means you need to connect as a client to plesk control panel and after that you need to create a new domain account.
more details are available in the following url:
http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.6/Windows/Docs/plesk-7.6-win-clients-guide/19784.htm

2) when you create a new domain account (also called "Hosting Account") then you need to create a domain account with Physical hosting.

3) on the phase that you setup the Physical hosting (this is the phase where you setup username and password for ftp main account then you also have an option to check a checkbox so called "Microsoft FrontPage support".

4) if you done it , then now you have a new domain account which supported by frontpage extension.

all the above was a guide "HOW TO CREATE A DOMAIN ACCOUNT WHICH SUPPORTED BY FRONTPAGE extension"

but maybe you are in another situation in which you already have created a domain account. so in this case you have to connect to plesk control Panel (as domain user level or as client level) and then to click on icon "setup" and then to check the checkbox which represent "Microsoft FrontPage support".

also I encourage you to read the online plesk manual for version 7.6 which is available in the following url:

http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk76win/docs/

Hope it was helpfully

Back